Here's the fine print, copied and pasted: Post a picture of yourself, tell us 11 things we might not know about you, then write 11 new questions and tag some friends to play along (let them know you tagged them!)
11 things about me...
1) I really don't like small dogs (cocker spaniels are my lower limit for size).
2) I wish we could have a cat. Or a rabbit.
3) If I could, I'd wear Birkenstocks all the time.
4) I love to be near the water - river, ocean, lake, don't really care as long as it's water.
5) I completely suck at Temple Run.
6) I do every New York Times Crossword Puzzle and can't go on to the next one until I've finished the current one.
7) I love mystery books, and I have to read each series in order.
8) When I'm anxious or stressed, I re-read some my favorite books from childhood, and I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on out-of-print books so I can do that whenever I want.
9) I am a boring restaurant companion, because I want to order the same thing every time once I've found something I really like. Conversation is lively, though, I promise.
10) I had to stop drinking caffeine a few years ago, and I don't mind decaf coffee but I really really miss Cherry Coke.
11) I might make soft pretzels this afternoon.
TMae's questions (which I didn't look at before doing my list of 11, really. And I'm not so good at following directions, apparently) :
1) Where have you lived in the course of your life?
2) Where would you like to live before you die?New York 'burbs, New Jersey, California, Colorado, and here
Somewhere on the water.3) What do you think about before you go to bed at night?
People I love.4) Do you have a bike? Do you ride it?
No and no. I'm not proud of that, but it's true.5) What's your favorite book?
I have no idea how to answer that. It's like trying to pick my favorite person - I could narrow it down but I couldn't pick one. I adore Laurie Colwin's Happy All The Time but there are so many others.6) What’s the last great book you read?
I finally read "Middlemarch" for a book group and it was SO much better than I expected it to be.7) What’s a song that tells your story?
Again with the "pick one". I'd have to say Dar Williams' My Friends, although it doesn't tell the story of my life with Sam. For that I'd choose The Indigo Girls Power of Two.8) What’s your favorite smell?
Cinnamon. Preferably in something that's baking. Mmm.9) Would you do things differently if you could go back and have a do-over?
I'd move my body more - find some kind of exercise I really like and stick with it. And I'd eat more vegetables. Other than that...nope.10) Who would play you in the movie?
Mindy Cohn, Natalie from "Facts of Life". No question.11) Do you have a favorite cocktail? What is it?
I love a good mojito, but overall I'll take a nice glass of wine if I have a choice.
And my questions, for anyone who would like to answer them (drop me a comment if you do)
1) Sunshine or starlight?
2) Do you have a pet? If not, would you prefer to have one? If so, would you prefer not to have one?
3) What food have you tasted that you will never eat again?
4) What food have you not tried that you'd like to taste?
5) What's the farthest you've ever walked?
6) What surprises you the most about your life now?
7) What's the best concert or performance you ever attender?
8) How do you feel about speaking in front of groups?
9) How old is the oldest person you ever met? Who was that?
10) Who's your favorite comedian or comic actor?
11) Do you own a functioning record player?
OK, time to get back to work...thank, TMae, for the fun idea.